Hospitals & Health Networks sponsors the annual “Most Wired” survey, which is an industry-standard benchmark study. Now in its 16th year, the survey is designed to measure the level of information technology adoption in U.S. hospitals and health systems. Health Forum, an American Hospital Association information company, distributes, collects and analyzes the “Most Wired” data and develops benchmarks that are becoming the industry standard for measuring IT adoption for operational, financial and clinical performance in health care delivery systems.
“Creating efficient and easy-to-use IT processes for our staff and patients to use translates into better care,” said Arlyn Broekhuis, Sanford’s enterprise chief information officer. “To have such a large number of Sanford facilities recognized means our emphasis on integration is paying off.”
Implementing Bar-Code Medication Administration (BCMA) and My Sanford Chart were among Sanford’s IT initiatives in the past year. The BCMA system has provided further validations across the system for medication administration, while My Sanford Chart allows patients to communicate with their providers, schedule appointments and even conduct e-Visits exclusively online.
The Most Wired survey, conducted between Jan. 15 and March 15, asked hospitals and health systems nationwide to answer questions regarding their IT initiatives. Respondents completed 680 surveys, representing 1,900 hospitals, or more than 30 percent of all U.S. hospitals.
The following Sanford Health facilities received Most Wired designations:
- Community Memorial Hospital; Burke, South Dakota*
- Kittson Memorial Healthcare Center; Hallock, Minnesota*
- Mahnomen Health Center; Mahnomen, Minnesota*
- Perham Health; Perham, Minnesota*
- RiverView Health; Crookston, Minnesota*
- Sanford Aberdeen Medical Center; Aberdeen, South Dakota
- Sanford Bagley Medical Center; Bagley, Minnesota
- Sanford Bemidji Medical Center; Bemidji, Minnesota
- Sanford Canby Medical Center; Canby, Minnesota
- Sanford Canton-Inwood Medical Center; Canton, South Dakota
- Sanford Chamberlain Medical Center; Chamberlain, South Dakota
- Sanford Clear Lake Medical Center; Clear Lake, South Dakota
- Sanford Jackson Medical Center; Jackson, Minnesota
- Sanford Luverne Medical Center; Luverne, Minnesota
- Sanford Medical Center Fargo; Fargo, North Dakota
- Sanford Rock Rapids Medical Center; Rock Rapids, Iowa
- Sanford Sheldon Medical Center; Sheldon, Iowa
- Sanford Thief River Falls Medical Center; Thief River Falls, Minnesota
- Sanford Tracy Medical Center; Tracy, Minnesota
- Sanford USD Medical Center; Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Sanford Vermillion Medical Center; Vermillion, South Dakota
- Sanford Webster Medical Center; Webster, South Dakota
- Sanford Westbrook Medical Center; Westbrook, Minnesota
- Sanford Worthington Medical Center; Worthington, Minnesota
- Windom Area Hospital; Windom, Minnesota*
*managed or affiliate site
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health is an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas and is now the largest, rural, not-for-profit health care system in the nation with locations in 126 communities in nine states. In addition, Sanford Health is in the process of developing international clinics in Ghana, Israel, Mexico and China.
Sanford Health includes 39 hospitals, 140 clinic locations and 1,360 physicians in 81 specialty areas of medicine. With more than 26,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North Dakota and South Dakota. The system is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with nearly a $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford. These gifts are making possible the implementation of several initiatives, including global children’s clinics, multiple research centers and finding cures for type 1 diabetes and breast cancer. For more information, visit sanfordhealth.org.
About the Most Wired Survey
The 2014 Most Wired Survey is conducted in cooperation with McKesson Corp., AT&T, the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, and the American Hospital Association.
Posted In Network:Canby, Network:Chamberlain, Network:Clear Lake, Network:Jackson, Network:Luverne, Network:Rock Rapids, Network:Sheldon, Network:Thief River Falls, Network:Tracy, Network:Vermillion, Network:Webster, Network:Westbrook, Network:Worthington, News