Ep. 15: COVID and the important connection to heart health
Dr. Tom Stys says COVID infections plus our pandemic lifestyle can make heart disease worse.
Ep. 13: Importance of heart and vascular screenings
Podcast on heart health and benefits of heart and vascular screenings with Sanford Health cardiologist, Dr. Ahmed Abuzaanona
Exposure to wildfire smoke has health effects
Read the AQI, then plan your day accordingly, respiratory specialists say
Heart disease 101: Which symptoms matter most?
If unexplained chest pain or other signs wake you up, it’s an emergency
Routine heart care hits close to home for chief physician
If you've been delaying routine care or life-saving screenings, it's time to visit your doctor
Stationary or mobile, heart screenings catch problems early
"Get it done. You're the one who is in charge of your own health."
Heart & vascular screenings: What’s the difference?
There is a difference in the two screenings, but both are important to your health
Stroke victim saved by quick-thinking neighbor
John Schmitt collapsed while doing yard work with a neighbor, who called 911
You can start preventing heart disease at any age
Knowing genetics and implementing healthy habits early may prevent heart disease
For chronic illness patients, flu shots even more important
There are many reasons, including avoiding influenza, to get a flu shot
Keep your vascular health in good shape
Know your risk for vascular disease and whether you're due for a screening
Yoga instructor’s scare an example of heart attack in women
'I’m like, there’s no freaking way I’m having a heart attack.'
- Genetics helps woman find the key to her future heart health
- Children’s genomic consortium studies immune-weakened kids
- Imagenetics, NIH partner to offer fellows virtual rotation
- New specialty helps diagnose disease at molecular level
- Sports broadcaster finds cancer with Sanford genetic testing
- More in Genetics
- Surgery helps repair middle schooler’s severe scoliosis
- Active dad of two finds pain relief in cellular therapy
- Rib repair device business started, prototype in the works
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: A unique service in Bemidji
- A top FDA official talks cellular therapy with Sanford
- More in Orthopedics
Pregnancy & Childbirth
- South Carolina to play South Dakota State at Sanford Pentagon
- Bellator MMA returns to Sanford Pentagon in August
- South Dakota volleyball returns to Sanford Pentagon
- Comfort Inn and Suites breaks ground at Sanford Sports Complex
- Gonzaga to face Baylor at Pentagon in rematch of 2021 national championship game
- More in Sports
- What is preventive care and how can it keep me healthy?
- Blizzard babies: The newest additions at Sanford Bismarck
- How to navigate the formula shortage and feed your baby
- Sanford nurse leads birth center, veterans groups in Fargo
- A healthy life: Advice for women from their 20s to their 80s
- More in Women's