“We are deeply honored and thrilled to receive the prestigious Best-in-State Hospital Award,” said Todd Schaffer, M.D., president and CEO of the Bismarck region of Sanford Health. “This recognition is a testament to our unwavering commitment to excellence in patient care and to the dedication of our incredible team.”
Four data sources were used for the evaluation:
- Nationwide online survey: Over 10,000 medical professionals (doctors, hospital managers and health care workers) were asked to recommend the best hospitals (in and out of state) based on their expertise.
- Quality metrics data: Data from Medicare and Medicare services available for mortality, safety, readmission, experience, timely and effective care was considered.
- Patient experience: Cleanliness of the hospitals and quietness, communication of the nurses/doctors and staff responsiveness, care transition, medicine communication, and discharge information.
- PROMs implementation survey: To account for the increasing importance of Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs).
This prestigious award is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. Hospitals from every state were eligible for the ranking and included in the nationwide survey. The America’s Best-In-State Hospitals 2024 ranking was created to identify the top hospitals at the state level.
According to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), the 25 states with the most hospitals were surveyed individually. The remaining states were grouped into four regions: Northeast, Midwest, West, and South. Leading hospitals from these states were considered accordingly. The awards list was announced on Oct. 25.
The Sanford Bismarck region provides health care to central and western North Dakota, eastern Montana and northern South Dakota. It includes 21 clinics in Bismarck, Mandan, Minot, Dickinson and Watford City, as well as a Level II trauma center located in Bismarck.
- Sanford Bismarck achieves 4th Magnet Designation
- Forbes names Sanford USD Medical Center among best employers
- Newsweek names Sanford Cancer Center a top 100 Hospital