All across the nation, people are preparing to sign up for their health insurance for the upcoming year. It can be overwhelming to know what to do. To help keep you on track, check out this open enrollment to-do list.
1. Know your open enrollment deadlines
Open enrollment begins Nov. 1 and ends Dec. 15. This is your opportunity to shop for new plans, rates, benefits and more. Don’t be caught off-guard by leaving your decision until the last minute.
2. Set aside time to review your options
How has your life changed in the last year? Give yourself time to review your options and pick the best one for you and your family.
3. Double check that your preferred provider is in your plan network
Never assume that your provider is in your network. Double check because you will save money with providers in your network. If your provider is no longer in network, contact your health plan.
4. Account for additional member perks and discounts
Different plans come with different benefits. Some plans include weight loss programs, virtual care, preventive services, and vision or dental care. Weigh the pros and cons and see where you find value.
5. Remember, you can always seek out assistance from an agent
Health insurance isn’t always the easiest to understand. Trained agents help guide you through the purchasing process.
This marketing material is intended for informational purposes only as part of a solicitation of insurance campaign. Contact will be made by an insurance agent or insurance company. Neither Sanford Health Plan nor its agents are connected with or endorsed by any governmental entity or Medicare.
- Why health care reform is everyone’s responsibility
- Safeguarding medical insurance: Short-term coverage option
- Ask an expert: 6 things to know about health insurance