January 2021 brought us a shot of hope.
That was when vaccination against COVID-19 was well underway among our health care workers and had just become available to our first patients.
Since then, Sanford Health has celebrated more vaccinations, new treatments, resilient health care workers and healthy efforts in our hometowns. As President and CEO Bill Gassen put it, we’re “going to do right by our patients, by our people and by our communities.”
Here’s a look at how we brought those priorities to life in 2021.
- Sioux Falls patients receive first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Simple hug becomes powerful embrace during reunion
- Wisconsin woman’s daily letters bring residents joy
- All coronavirus coverage
- Cancer patient fights disease with superhero attitude
- Lilah Newton, 10-year-old stroke survivor
- Rainbow baby twins arrive after small-town pregnancy care
- All specialty care coverage
- Puppy is part of the family at the Good Samaritan Society
- World War II veterans take off on Dream Flights
- Activities assistant considered Guardian Angel by many
- All senior care coverage
People and communities
- Sanford inaugural ambassadors reflect on surprise getaway
- Children’s Walk supports young patients, connects families
- Active Generations volunteers drop off food, lift spirits
- All community coverage