An integrated marketing campaign about Sanford Health’s pledge to be “Here for all. Here for good.” is one effort earning national accolades in 2023.
Sanford Health’s marketing department earned nine awards at this year’s Healthcare Ad Awards — the largest and most well-recognized health care advertising awards competition. Besides the brand campaign, the health system won awards for their work in pandemic response, women’s and children’s services, sports, rural health care delivery and advancing equity.
Sanford Health President and CEO Bill Gassen sent his congratulations in a message to the marketing department.
“You all bring to life our ideas, goals and initiatives in ways that not only inform but inspire,” he said. “Your work is core to our delivery of world-class care in service to our patients, people and communities.”
Based on creativity and impact
This is only the second year that Sanford Marketing has submitted work to the Healthcare Ad Awards. These awards are open to health care companies and their agencies to recognize the field of health care marketing and advertising.
There are 54 award categories, including traditional and digital advertising, content strategies, websites, videos, fundraising campaigns, and COVID-19 and vaccination efforts.
This year, over 4,300 entries were received. A national panel of judges reviewed all entries based on creativity, quality, message effectiveness, consumer appeal, graphic design and overall impact.
Gold awards were given to 530 entries, silver awards to 352 and bronze awards to 238 entries. Sanford Health earned:
- “Here for all. Here for good.” integrated marketing campaign
- “Leading Our Communities Through COVID-19” report, COVID response materials
- Vivaz by Sanford, website refresh
- “Sanford Swaddled,” a recap of popular baby names from 2022, social media content
- Summit on the Future of Rural Health, special event
- Sanford Sports website
- Sanford Health Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, equality and diversity promotion
- “Reimagining Rural Health” podcast series
- “Blue Chair Series: Johnna Nynas, M.D.”, special video longer than two minutes
Nathan Peterson, executive vice president, chief strategy and development officer, said the awards reflect this team’s “incredible range of abilities.” He also noted the variety of topics this team needs to understand to market effectively for patients and providers alike.
“It’s not just that the department has internal expertise to develop integrated marketing campaigns, public service communications, websites, videos, podcasts, social media and events — but that the quality of your work across this breadth of mediums is worthy of such recognition,” he said.
Colette Manning, vice president of marketing, celebrated the team during a department-wide announcement of the awards.
“It would be impossible to name everyone who contributed to these projects because these accomplishments took each and every one of you,” Manning said. “This is truly a team win. What you do makes a difference.”
- Healthcare Ad Awards honor Sanford Health marketing
- Sanford Health staff serves a breakfast Banquet
- Sanford Sports unifies all the ways you play