Sanford Health has been named Best Medical Facility in The Forum’s annual Best of the Red River Valley contest.
Readers and community members were encouraged to nominate their favorite restaurants, employers, businesses and services in the Red River Valley. Only those with the most nominations were selected to move on for final voting. Winners for all categories were announced in a special section of The Forum on Nov. 28.
Here’s what the Sanford Fargo region’s president and CEO, Bryan Nermoe, said when he learned Sanford received the most votes.
How do you want your customers to feel when they come to you?
“People are choosing Sanford Health more now than ever before. As we talk with patients, we continuously hear praise of our doctors’, nurses’ and employees’ work and caring attitude,” Nermoe said. “When patients and their families come here, they know their care and safety are our highest priority. They see our employees living our values and providing the best care possible.”
What do you love most about this community? How does your business support this community?
“Sanford’s doctors and employees live and work here. We’re your friends, family and neighbors. We have a shared spirit of collaboration, dedication and Midwestern values,” Nermoe said. “As the region’s largest employer, we care about our communities. Through relationships built on trust and giving back, Sanford is making an impact on health and healing in our communities through financial investment, volunteerism, community leadership and developing new opportunities for learning and employment.”
Forum readers recognized Sanford in multiple categories
Sanford Health also placed in the following categories:
- Best large employer to work for – second place
- Best pharmacy – second place
- Best eye clinic – second place
- Best physical rehab facility – third place
- Best nonprofit organization – third place. First place went to Crosses for Cameron, an organization that promotes organ donation. Crosses for Cameron was founded by Cameron’s mother Sarah Fisher, a nursing assistant at Sanford Medical Center Fargo.
- Family Wellness, a partnership between Sanford and the YMCA, was named best exercise facility.
- Sanford Fargo named top orthopedics hospital in North Dakota
- Sanford Fargo named best hospital in North Dakota
- Sanford Health earns Defense Department Freedom Award